I had a very weird insight today: I treat my game like a girlfriend.
- I'm in love with it and I want to show it to everyone;
- Even when I'm not actively planning something or working on something, I'm always thinking about it at the corner of my mind - I do think about it all the time;
- I feel bad when I neglect it for too long;
- When I have the perspective of free time, the first thing I think is how am I going to use it to work on my game;
- When things are going good with it (e.g. I'm making good progress and I'm satisfied with the results), everything else in my life seems to be ok or loses importance.
- When I'm more involved with the game, I feel less interest in people in general and lose touch with friends a little.
Yeah, I know, weird. But the good thing is: it loves me back.